Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Supermarket haul - July

This week I feel nothing but gratitude for my life, we have money to get by plus some left over to put aside for a rainy day, and some for fun, we have beautiful friends and family, wonderful neighbours and a happy home. 

On to shopping matters, in addition to the things I showed last week I spent just under £10 on soy drink, nuts, seeds, bunny veg and some bread. 

This week we were going out in the car so we headed to Morrisons and also took a look at the new Food Warehouse that had opened nearby - we don't have an Iceland store nearby so I was interested to see what was on offer here.

Although these pictures give the illusion I was at the bottom of a well I was not, it was just a dark morning! I don't know what I expected from the Food Warehouse but I was quite impressed, there was a fruit and veg section as well as tinned and tried foods along with the frozen foods. We bought a few bready things - naan, panini and a loaf were £1 each. Among the many many meat freezers were meat free, vegetarian and vegan freezers, plus lots of frozen fruit and vegetables. From the veggie freezer we bought some fingers and burgers, they're basically the same thing chopped up veg in breadcrumbs but Dan is really enjoying this type of burger at the minute. The burgers were £1 for 4 the fingers were £1 a box or two for £1.50. From the vegan freezer we bought some Green Cuisine Swedish style meatballs. I'm not one for eating much meat-like food but Dan doesn't mind it so we chose these, they're made with pea protein instead of the usual soya, they were £2. 



Total £7.50. The checkout was a similar set up to Aldi where you put everything back into your basket before packing at your leisure at a bench/shelf thing.

We then ventured into Morrisons, we mainly go there for the lentil pasta (Dan can't really eat the regular pasta these days). It was not packaging free but we did see bags of potatoes with "recycle in store" logos on the packaging.



Again, from the bottom of the well. Crisps, these are sweet potato and paprika and were not the cheapest but they looked nice so fine for a change (I didn't like them, Dan did). Oatly, chickpeas (3 for £1) the two jars are pesto, they were on offer which is why we bought two. The lentil pasta, oats - sorry I just can't pay more than twice the price just for the sake of a cardboard box, and bread flour, the cashier put this in a plastic bag for some reason. 



 Not much opportunity for loose veg this time round, so we bought from the "wonky" range instead and picked up reduced rocket and pak choi to save waste. Large 7.5kg bags of potatoes were available but they were washed so they'd go off before we had chance to use them up. We spent £22.04

So that's that for this week, looks like a lot of junk and not much healthy stuff but I will buy broccoli during the week for Bundy and ourselves, we also still have a cauliflower, a sweet potato, an onion and a few spring onions left over from last week. I'm starting to miss the veg box a little bit, other than the broad beans and carrots.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar