Right Here Right Now
What I'm wearing... teal, black and orange leggings, orange peasant blouse and teal socks
What I'm reading... Grief Cottage by Gail Godwin. I had just started it last week, I'm about halfway through now and it's a pretty good read. It's about a young boy who is orphaned and sent to live with and elderly aunt who he doesn't know. He becomes obsessed with an old, run down cottage that his aunt has painted many times and the family who were vacationing in the cottage and disappeared during Hurricane Hazel.
What's happening in my kitchen... the kitchen was busy today. Hubby made poached eggs on toast for breakfast, for lunch we warmed up leftover chicken fried rice and roasted brussel sprouts. They say that you should have your big meal at noon but I just can't seem to get into that routine, so when we have left overs we try to have them for lunch within the next day or two. I figure eating a big meal for lunch two or three times a week is better than not at all. I also made Baked Oatmeal for us to snack on with our coffee. This time I cut it into smaller than usual pieces to help keep us on track for eating less and more healthy. And we had leftover 13 bean soup for dinner.
What's outside my window... ice and snow. Yup, icy roads topped with icy, crusty snow, and it's cold. It's going to stay this way until Wednesday. Our bird feeders have been very, very busy today. Lots of little birds both at the feeders and on the ground. I wish I could get photos of them, but taking photos through window screens just doesn't work and if I go out on the porch to take them the birds all fly away.
What I'm thankful for... a nice warm, safe house to weather the storms in.
What I'm smelling... the bean soup that we had for dinner.
What I'm hearing... hubby rummaging around in the kitchen. He's looking for a container to put away the soup... he'd like one with a cover! Dateline is on the television and of course the ever present fan! We should be able to turn it off at this time of the year.
What I'm crafting... Still knitting on hubby's sweater and I made a birthday pillowcase for our grandson who will turn four next week. And I'm working on some Mother's Day gifts for our daughter and daughters in law.
What's on my mind... missing our grandson's fourth birthday. This will be the second one that we missed this year., we missed our oldest grand's birthday in March. Just realized as I typed that that we missed the birthdays of the oldest and youngest grands. Makes me sad. We try very hard not to miss the grand's birthdays, but this year it just was unavoidable. Hopefully his other grandparents will be able to celebrate with him as they live much closer than we do.
Words live by...
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Thanks for dropping by...


0 Yorumlar