Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Selena Gomez on Taylor Swift: people think ‘we’re in underwear, having pillow fights’

selenagomezinstyle
Selena Gomez covers InStyle UK, with the photoshoot taking place in a cheap LA area motel. The stylist describes the fashion she chose for Gomez as “indie-film starlet on a road trip” and it’s all very 70s inspired. She’s wearing a fabulous brown suede coat in one photo but other than that the looks are kind of forgettable and one note. They did cover her up, apart from the fact that she isn’t wearing a bra at all and they put her in some flimsy shirts which make this obvious. So it’s a unique choice for an editorial, I’ll give them that.


Selena gave some decent quotes to InStyle, and it sounds like she opened up somewhat. She talked about dating, about her friendship with Taylor Swift, and about her body image, which is a hot topic for starlets like Gomez and Demi Lovato in this age of jerks on social media.


On being raised by a single mom
“We used to run out of gas on the highway. I still can’t wrap my head around what she did for me,” Gomez says of the time before she landed her breakout starring role, on the Disney Channel show Wizards Of Waverly Place, when she was 15. They moved to LA, but Teefey (Selena’s mother) had one condition. “She always said, ‘If you’re not having fun, we’re going home,’” explains Gomez who still returns to her childhood house in Grand Prairie to visit family when she needs a reality check (“I have to share a bathroom with seven people!”).


On her friendship with Taylor Swift
“People have this fantasy that we’re in our underwear, having pillow fights. We just play good music – sometimes live – and eat, and hang out.” She says she also counsels Swift in “the boy department,” while her best friend sets her straight on regrets. “I’ll be like, ‘I think I totally screwed up,’ but Taylor says, ‘Actually, you didn’t’ and shows me how to make my mistakes into something great.”


On being asked about dating Justin Bieber
“It’s really hard because I’m a nice person. I’m just tired of talking about it. I never intended for my life to become a tabloid story.”


On if she’s dating Zayn Malik
“If he had asked me out on a date, I would be seen with him. Just kidding, but not kidding,” she says with a sly smile. Right now, Gomez is dating – reluctantly. “I hate it,” she admits with a wince. “It’s hard and I’m weirded out by the idea that a guy has googled me before we meet, and that has happened.” She also adds: “I feel like I look 16 sometimes, which is a bummer because I would love to date older guys.”


On posing nude for her album after online criticism
“It hurt my feelings because I never experienced that before, but I didn’t want [that] to be the story, so i said, ‘I don’t care what you think!’” This newfound bravado has carried over into her personal style too. “I’m learning that you can be comfortable and still look beautiful.” Does she look in the mirror and see herself as beautiful? “Some days, I like what I see. Other days I’m like, ‘I’m not even going to bother.’”



[From InStyle.co.uk, headers added, punctuation and spelling corrected]


It’s likely that this interview took place before Selena briefly reunited with Justin Bieber, when he serenaded her at an LA hotel bar in front of plenty of witnesses. Whatever is going on, it sounds like she’s over him and he’s still hung up on her. Also, Selena has lupus but other than the time she opened up about her illness and how difficult the chemotherapy treatment was, she’s barely spoken about it. She could shut down all the body criticism with a quick “I had lupus and was on steroids, a-holes” but she only said that once and then she stopped talking about it. You get the impression that it was extremely difficult for her and that she doesn’t want to open up to the press about it.


In terms of her friendship with Taylor Swift, I suspect that she’s telling Taylor that boys are jerks and Taylor is telling her to write songs about them. That’s what I get from the line about how Taylor is showing her “how to make my mistakes into something great.” I mean, I’ve heard “Same Old Love.” It’s totally about Bieber.


The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards




View image | gettyimages.com






@taylorswift -we just show up. Thank you for making us and all beautiful women feel beautiful


A photo posted by Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) on Nov 18, 2015 at 11:06pm PST




Selena Gomez on Taylor Swift: people think ‘we’re in underwear, having pillow fights’


Get the inside scoop on the latest gossip, entertainment, & celebrity news on SheKnows! Find celeb photos, videos & top stories.





More On :

Selena Gomez on Taylor Swift: people think ‘we’re in underwear, having pillow fights’


#Hollywood

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar